You are eligible for the benefits of this Limited Warranty if you meet all the following criteria:
- You are the owner or authorized agent of the owner of new Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly highway auto or light truck tires
- Your tires bear Department of Transportation prescribed tire identification numbers
- Your tires have been used only on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer's or Goodyear's recommendations
Light truck tires are defined as all tires identified with the "LT" designation in the sidewall stamping.
This limited warranty does not cover the following:
- Tires submitted for ride disturbance complaints that are worn beyond the first two thirty-seconds of an inch (2/32") tread depth or tires submitted for ride disturbance due to damaged wheels or any vehicle condition.
- Goodyear does not warrant or give credit in any adjustment transactions for any kind of material added to a tire (e.g., tire fillers, sealants, balancing substances) after the tire leaves a factory producing Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly tires, nor will it adjust any tire that has failed as a result of adding such material.
- Irregular wear or damage due to mechanical condition of the vehicle, improper inflation, overloading, high speed spin-up, misapplication, misuse, negligence, racing, use of tire chains, improper mounting or demounting, improper repair, wreck, collision or fire.
- Road hazards (includes, but is not limited to, punctures, cuts, snags, impact breaks, etc.).
- Any tire that, after leaving a factory producing Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly tires, has been intentionally altered to change its appearance (e.g., white inlay on a black tire or regrooved).
- Tires with weather-cracking that were purchased more than four (4) years prior to presentation for adjustment or, if purchase date cannot be verified, manufactured more than four years prior to presentation for adjustment.
- Temporary spare tires used on vehicles used in racing and on passenger cars in special applications such as police pursuit service.
- Goodyear Unisteel Commercial Radial Light Truck Tires.
- Tires removed from service due to improper repairs.
- Cosmetic weather checking.
- Low-tire pressure-monitoring system – refer to vehicle manufacturer's warranty.
- Ultra-high-performance summer tires are not recommended for winter use, and tread or shoulder cracking on those tires resulting from winter use will not be covered under our warranty.
You must go to an authorized Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly outlet for replacement tires and all warranty service.
- You must present the tire to be adjusted to an authorized Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly service facility. Tires replaced on an adjustment basis become the property of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company or Goodyear Canada Inc.
- You must pay for taxes and any additional services you order at the time of adjustment plus any additional service that may be unique to your application, e.g., Tire-Pressure-Monitoring System.
- You must submit your claim on an approved claim form supplied by an authorized Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly service facility. The form must be filled out completely and signed, where you the owner or your authorized agent presented the tire for adjustment.
Tire-Pressure-Monitoring System Alert
Refer to your vehicle Owner's Manual for more information on what to do if the tire-pressure-warning system activates.
If the tire-pressure-monitoring system signals an alert, follow these safety precautions to prevent a loss of vehicle control that could result in serious personal injury or death:
- Slow your speed. Do not exceed 50 mph (80 kph).
- Avoid hard cornering, hard braking and severe handling maneuvers.
- Avoid potholes and other road hazards.
Remember that when your tires have lost air pressure, your vehicle's handling capability is reduced, particularly during severe maneuvers.
For service assistance or information, first contact the nearest Goodyear or Dunlop retailer.
- For assistance in locating the nearest Goodyear Retailer, call 1-800-GOODYEAR or look in the Yellow Pages under Tire Dealers – New.
- Go to www.goodyear.com for the U.S. or www.goodyear.ca for Canada. If additional assistance is required: Call the Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-321-2136, for the U.S., or 1-800-387-3288, for Canada.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Customer Assistance Center Dept 728200 Innovation Way Akron, OH 44316-0001
Property damage, serious injury or death may result from:
- TIRE FAILURE DUE TO UNDERINFLATION/OVERLOADING/MISAPPLICATION. Follow the vehicle Owner's Manual or tire placard in vehicle.
- TIRE FAILURE DUE TO IMPACT DAMAGE/IMPROPER MAINTENANCE. Tires should be inspected regularly by a qualified technician for signs of damage, such as punctures or impacts.
- TIRE FAILURE DUE TO IMPROPER REPAIRS. See U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA) established repair procedures at www.ustires.org and/or go to www.goodyear.com for information on proper repair procedures.
- EXPLOSION OF TIRE/RIM ASSEMBLY DUE TO IMPROPER MOUNTING. Only specially trained persons should mount tires.
- FAILURE TO MOUNT RADIAL TIRES ON APPROVED RIMS.
- FAILURE TO DEFLATE SINGLE OR DUAL ASSEMBLIES COMPLETELY BEFORE DEMOUNTING.
- TIRE SPINNING. On slippery surfaces such as snow, mud, ice, etc., do not spin tires in excess of 35 mph (55 kph), as indicated on the speedometer.
- EXCESSIVE WHEEL SPINNING. This can also result in tire disintegration or axle failure.
WARNING Vehicle handling, traction, ride comfort and other performance parameters may be significantly affected by a change in tire size or type. Before replacing tires, always consult and follow the vehicle Owner's Manual because some vehicle manufacturers prohibit changing tire size. When selecting tires that are different from the original equipment size make certain: (1) the tires have adequate load-carrying capacity based on the vehicle placard, (2) the tires have sufficient inflation pressure to carry the load and (3) there is proper clearance with no interference points between the tire and vehicle. The consumer must be aware to always drive safely and obey all traffic laws. Avoid sudden, sharp turns or aggressive lane changes. Failure to follow any of these warnings may result in loss of control of the vehicle, leading to an accident and serious injury or death.
The Goodyear Highway Auto and Light Truck Tire Replacement Limited Warranty covers all Goodyear, Dunlop, and Kelly passenger tires except for the Unisteel Light Truck Tires. For information on Unisteel Light Truck Tires coverage, take a look at this brochure.